Beef & Bean Nachos
This delicious dip is great for entertaining and really takes your nachos to a whole new level. Be sure to have extra tortilla chips on the side for dipping.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 grams / 17.6 ounces lean ground beef
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 140 grams / 4.9 ounces tomato paste
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 300 grams / 10.6 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 270 grams / 9.5 ounces corn or tortilla chips
- 1 cup grated cheese of your choice
- Guacamole and sour cream, to serve
- Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl and add the onion and garlic. Chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds
- With the onion and garlic stuck to the side of the bowl, replace the chopping blade with the stirring blade for the remainder of the recipe. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and drizzle the oil over the onion and garlic. Cook on speed 1 at 100°C for 2 minutes to sauté the mixture.
- Take the measuring cap off and add the ground beef by crumbling it into the bowl. Cook at 100°C for 5 minutes on speed 1.
- Add chili powder, coriander, flour, tomato paste and beef stock. Cook with the measuring cap OFF on speed 1 at 80°C for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Add the beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue to cook on speed 1 at 80 C for 5 more minutes with the measuring cap still off.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the beef and bean mixture into a greased baking dish and top with corn/tortilla chips and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with guacamole, sour cream and tortilla chips.